Friday 7 November 2014

In my workroom today I picked up where I left off at the end of July.  I'd completely forgotten that I'd prepared some fabric with Markal Paintstik shapes using the leaves stencil and another one of simple circles.  The latter was part of the packaging in a box of threads so I didn't even have to cut it out!  


For these cute little 12" cushions I used a cherry red fine tulle to cover the whole front.  It's modified the colours of the paintstiks and the background fabric, creating a soft and harmonised result.
Above is the rather stark colour palette before adding the layer of tulle.

For the quilting I've used a copper coloured metallic thread to add a little extra bling.

A co-ordinating floppy tassel in shiny rayon thread at each corner, an envelope back with a deep overlap to avoid any gaping and snug duck feather inserts finish them off nicely.

Et voila - all ready for the sale of work in Aulos near Les Cabannes on 22nd. & 23rd. November.

This was the view out of my workroom window this morning but after lunch rainclouds appeared and drizzle set in.
Great weather for being creative indoors!

No comments:

Post a Comment