Friday, 11 November 2016

Some UFOs finished off at last!

This is a painted Bondaweb lizard shape on rusted fabric teamed with my hand-dyed fabric.  I've outline quilted the motif and 'matchstick quilted' the background with a heavy caramel coloured thread then made it up into a cushion cover with an overlapping envelope reverse in black fabric.

This is a different lizard shape and is a monoprint onto calico surrounded by another of my hand-dyed fabrics.  This one I've made up into a commodious bag with a black fabric reverse and long shoulder straps.

A third lizard shape, this time outline quilted then surrounded with horizontal quilting in a variegated thread.  I've painted in detail with a deep red fabric paint and given him beady eyes, comme d'habitude.  This is another commodious shoulder bag.

This plump cushion features prints from actual leaves, using heat-fixed fabric paint.  I've used a fine red tulle to add warmth and texture to the central panel and added detail using two pretty decorative machine stitches around the central panel and the outer edge of the cushion.

These hand-pieced one inch hexagons in colourful Batiks have made up into a lovely cushion.  The reverse is black and there's a zip along the bottom edge.  I've used continuous zip - it's really useful!


There's plenty of colourful inspiration in the Ariege for future  projects!

No comments:

Post a comment