Monday, 21 April 2014

More quilted apron pockets ..........

Aren't dried leaves gorgeous!

 I cut out a simple leaf shape to work with,

did some tests on paper using a Markal paintstik

then moved on to 'pocket sized' pieces of fabric.

This version is machine quilted using a heavyweight jeans thread for the motif.

This version is being hand quilted using a variegated Madeira Lana thread.

I'm using a strong traditional binding to finish off the edges of these pockets to ensure they last!

This version is machine quilted in a black heavyweight thread to help define the outline of the shape

and I've used green fabric paint on the stem and veins of the leaf.
This one's for me - big lizard pocket in purples of course!

After watching this week's DMTV programme I decided to give the frosted effect to this hand and machine quilted piece I did a while back.  It's turned out rather well - thanks for the technique reminder Laura!


No comments:

Post a comment