Sunday 28 April 2013

I have been spending some time being creative since I arrived in the Ariege despite the lack of photographic evidence!
These shapes made from DesignMatters wonderful compressed sponge (currently available from the DM online store) will soon feature in a collection of quilted cushions, bags, hangings and throws.
Below is a work in progress using the moth and star shapes printed onto some of my latest batch of rusted fabric.
I've echo quilted by hand around the motifs using Madeira Lana for a bold mark, then used machine free motion quilting in a Madiera variegated cotton thread to flatten the background and finally used a bright pink Madeira rayon as a 'frame'  around the motifs at the same time as creating a visual link between the pinks.  I've used both Jacquard and Pébéo fabric paints.

I've just prepared some skeins from a hank of cotton bought in Pas de la Casa, Andorra.  These will go into a dye bath with lengths of fabric mañana.

No comments:

Post a Comment