Sunday 8 June 2014

Happy 1st Birthday Thomas!

Don't look so worried, we'll help you blow out the candle and eat the birthday cake!

Many, many thanks to everyone for your generous gifts!
We all had a great day!

I've been working on some of the many UFOs which have been lurking in my workroom for far too long.
This one is a needle-turned appliqué cushion cover.  I've echoed the motif with 5 circuits of a straight machine stitch and a final circuit of a pretty decorative machine stitch.
I've used a deep purple thread and a small scale decorative stitch which shows up well against the patterned Batik top fabric.
Just some FM background quilting now to finish it off.

I sampled the machine's range of stitches in different threads to see which was best for the job.

It seems a shame not to make use of samples like these.

even if the stitches aren't exactly perfect!

so I often use them as apron pockets or square them up to make up into little hanging pockets.

Pop in a small perfume or favourite moisturiser or shower get to make a lovely gift!



No comments:

Post a Comment